help-cgicc

Re: [help-cgicc] Compiler namespace support

From: Alexander J. Oss
Subject: Re: [help-cgicc] Compiler namespace support
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 22:59:41 -0500

I didn't see any responses, so I'll put in my 2 cents...

I use Borland C++ Builder 4 and 5, and gcc (and mebbe VC++ 6 if I have to,
in the near future).  All of these should have no problem.  And if it helps
make the code more readable, I'm all for it.

Note also that I concur with the generally accepted practice of not
including "using" statements in header files (i.e. using explicit
namespaces), but I always use whatever "using" statements are helpful after
all headers have been included in code files.  So I have no problem if I see
a lot of:

using namespace std;
using namespace cgicc;

at the top of your code files.