help-debbugs

Re: reportbug support

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: reportbug support
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:37:39 +0100

On 4 May 2011 23:08, Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:
> Reuben Thomas wrote:
>
>> http://bugs.debian.org/625654

This bug has been helpfully updated by Sandro Tosi, explaining what
GNU would need to do (basically, turn on SOAP support in its debbugs
instance). He writes:

Reportbug used (since a few days ago) screen-scraping to create the
bugs list for a given package and to extract the information of a bug.
This screen-scraping was done exclusively taking debian debbugs as
example, that has some differences with the GNU ones.

We just moved to a SOAP interface to avoid silly problems with web
scraping, and I don't think there's anyone in the reportbug team
willing to tune the "old" scraping code for GNU debbugs (and what if
there's another installation with some little differences? and so on).

The easiest solution is to activate (if possible) the SOAP interface
on GNU debbugs, so that we can easily merge the current setup with
yours.

IF this is not possible, we're sadly unable to help you - you'll have
to find someone willing to tune the reportbug web scraping code to
parse GNU debbugs pages and feed reportbug correctly. Sorry I can't
help you more.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org