help-debbugs

Re: bug#11967: Bug in "uniq"

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: bug#11967: Bug in "uniq"
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:11:56 -0600

On 07/17/2012 04:03 PM, Jaime Gaspar wrote:
> Dear Eric Blake,
>
> Could you please remove my interventions from the pages
>
>     http://debbugs.gnu.org/db/11/11967.html
>     http://debbugs.gnu.org/db/11/11968.html
>
> I intended my bug report by e-mail to be a private message, and I'm not
> confortable with having it published in public. Many thanks in advance!

Sorry, I'm afraid this probably isn't feasible.  To begin with, I'm not
the website admin, so I have no personal control over this.

You can try asking help-debbugs (cc'd), but I suspect the answer is
still the same, in that we do not have the capability for removing
things that have already been publicly archived, except possibly in the
case of marking blatant attempts at spam or spreading a virus.  And even
if the sysadmin for the GNU debbugs instance is able to successfully
hide your reports on the debbugs.gnu.org pages, your email has already
been archived on numerous other sites, such as:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.coreutils.bugs/24551
http://old.nabble.com/bug-11967%3A-Bug-in-%22uniq%22-tc34176232.html#a34176329

over which we definitely have no control.

--
Eric Blake   address@hidden    +1-919-301-3266