help-debbugs

Re: Submitter Email?

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Submitter Email?
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 11:01:35 -0700

On 11/06/2012 10:47 AM, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Does address@hidden send to the bug submitter as it
> does on the Debian BTS?  Could that address be automatically added to
> the Mail-Followup-To header generated by the BTS?
>
> Let me tell the tale.  Recently there was a bug that was closed with a
> message to 123-done.  That is standard.  This generated the following
> BTS message:

> This means that follow-ups to the message will not go back to the bug
> submitter since it does not include the bug submitter address in the
> Mail-Followup-To header.

More specifically, here is the bug in question:

Reading the history, it is quite obvious from the original submitter's
negative tone in message 24 that the submitter missed the context of
message 13.  Thankfully we were able to clear things up and improve the
submitter's view in message 30, but it would have been nice to avoid the
bad taste in the first place that had been caused by incorrect
assumptions about who had seen which parts of the thread.

> If we could add 123-submitter to the Mail-Followup-To line then
> mailers would do the right thing.  WDYT?
>
> Example:

I think this is a reasonable idea, if it can be done.

--
Eric Blake   address@hidden    +1-919-301-3266