help-debbugs

Re: sed bug report - Segfault on L command with long address

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: sed bug report - Segfault on L command with long address
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 00:48:17 GMT

    I also disabled moderation for both members and non-members.

Re non-member moderation: It was my understanding that moderation should
remain, even with the debbugs connection, or spam is simply allowed
through to the list.  Glenn, Bob, am I wrong?

Re member moderation: the purpose of that is to have a chance of
defeating spammers who subscribe to the list and then send out spam.
Which has happened, though surprisingly it is not yet routine.
The connection with debbugs is irrelevant to this afaik.

karl