help-debbugs

Re: debbugs.gnu.org down

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: debbugs.gnu.org down
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 19:35:55 +0100

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Albinus wrote:
>
>> I'm getting soap errors now when accessing debbugs.gnu.org via its soap
>> interface. There were some local modifications in the debbugs software
>> on that host. Did they migrate to the new machine?
>
> The actual debbugs installation hasn't changed.
> The OS has been updated from Debian 7 to 8, so maybe some new changes are
> needed.
>
> Also the system ran out of memory 14 hours ago, so maybe that was the
> cause.

At least I get a response from the debbugs server:

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 18:31:01 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.10 (Debian)
SOAPServer: SOAP::Lite/Perl/1.11

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soap:Envelope
soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
xmlns:apachens="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap";
xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";><soap:Body><soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode><faultstring>Can't
 use an undefined value as a subroutine reference at
/usr/share/perl5/SOAP/Lite.pm line 1218.
</faultstring></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

Let's wait until the server is back in a working state, and let's
investigate then.

Best regards, Michael.