Re: [h-e-w] emacs 21.1 problem with -nw

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] emacs 21.1 problem with -nw
Date: 26 Oct 2001 20:09:31 +0100

Roman Belenov <address@hidden> writes:

> I guess that making Emacs rely on window size opposing to buffer size
> will require changing the code. It should be possible since cygwin's
> port of Vim does exactly that.

There is a switch to control the behaviour (I don't recall what it is
called, but it has been there for a while, so it should be in the NT
Emacs FAQ, or someone on here must use it). The reason it defaults to
buffer size rather than window size is that this is the only way to
get Emacs to work via the standard NT/2000 telnet daemon.

--
Jason Rumney