Re: [h-e-w] Why upgrates to 21.1

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Why upgrates to 21.1
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 22:28:28 -0000

From: "Yunbiao Wang" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 10:09 PM
Subject: [h-e-w] Why upgrates to 21.1

> Can anyone tell me why I need to update to version
> 21.1? Can I access the native window printer to print
> from NTEMACS? Is it more easier to display and print
> other language such as chinese? Since making the emacs
> working is not an easy job, I really want to find a
> good reason to update.

One good reason to upgrade is that I imagine that there will be little or no
support for Emacs 20 in future, i.e. bug fixes and enhancements will be for
Emacs 21 only.  Another is that I find that a lot of the additional packages
and patches that I used to run with Emacs 20 are no longer necessary with
Emacs 21, and there are a lot of small improvements.  I find the menu
organization in Emacs 21 to be much more rational than it was in Emacs 20.

Francis