Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv problem

From: John J. Lee
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv problem
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:27:21 +0000 (GMT)

On 19 Feb 2002, Jason Rumney wrote:

> "John J. Lee" <address@hidden> writes:
> > I get a new emacs process, with no text in it other than the startup
> > message.
> >  (require 'gnuserv)
> >  (gnuserv-start)
> The symptoms seem to indicate that the above is not being called.
> Does your *Messages* buffer say anything after startup?

When I executed the above commands from a buffer containing my .emacs
file, the output certainly appeared sane (machine isn't networked so I
can't check from here) -- t appeared to be the return value from both, I
think (at least that got printed -- I don't know elisp), and one of them
gave some kind of confirmatory message as well.  The library is on the
load path, I checked that.