Re: [h-e-w] project file list and overlapping windows ?

From: andy . ling
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] project file list and overlapping windows ?
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:09:51 +0000

> One thing I like about MSVC IDE is (apart from VSS link)
> the files in the project list on the left and multiple overlapping
editing
> windows which can all be minimized at the same by just minimizing the top
> level program. Is it possible to do something similar with emacs ?

One obvious way is to have one big emacs "frame" and split it
into multiple "windows" using commands like C-x 2 (split-window-vertically)
& C-x 3 (split-window-horizontally). Then minimising the "frame"
will minimise all "windows"

HTH

Andy Ling                         email: address@hidden
Quantel Ltd.                      Tel:   +44 (0)1635 48222
Turnpike Road, Newbury Berks UK. RG14 2NE