RE: [h-e-w] NT Emacs locking up

From: Thomas Ehren
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] NT Emacs locking up
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:23:18 -0400

Nascif:

    for what I saw, it's either a stale network connection or interaction from an Antivirus software like VShield, that motivates that emacs starts looping (although in 21.1 it succeeds *much* less than in 20.7).

    But generally, there is no necesity to kill the emacs process; hit frantically Ctrl-g for five seconds or so, and than wait until eventually emacs processes the interruption, repaints it's frames and let you continue.

    Best regards

   Thomas

PS. And maybe you should set a lower auto-save-interval to miminize the losses in case you really have to kill the emacs process :-)

Thomas Ehren
Orden IntegraciĆ³n S.A.
Miraflores 388 P4, Santiago, Chile
Fono:  (56)-2-6869280, Fax: (56)-2-6869123