RE: [h-e-w] Annoying message in mini-buffer

From: Horsley Tom
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Annoying message in mini-buffer
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:15:55 -0500

> I do not agree with his suggestion that new features be
> turned off by default.

I have always wanted each release of emacs to come with
something like a backward.el file that contains the
lisp customizations I need to make the default behavior
of this release of emacs be exactly like the previous

That way you could turn all the new features on by
default, and when I find one I hate (which is usually
most of them :-), I could cut&paste the appropriate
bit of backward.el into my .emacs file.

As it is now, I have to spend hours tracking down
how to turn off the hateful features.