Re: [h-e-w] Re: Case-sensitivity of filenames under NT, in VC

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Case-sensitivity of filenames under NT, in VC
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:18:18 +0100

On 12 Jun 2002, Andre Spiegel spake thusly:
> If this can't be avoided, then is it always guaranteed that
> filenames are case-insensitive under DOS/NT?  Couldn't you "mount" a
> Unix filesystem and have case-sensitive filenames there?  What if
> DOS/NT changes so that filenames become case-sensitive there, too?
> Or, alternatively, aren't there other architectures (e.g. VMS) where
> filenames are case-insensitive as well?

Not sure on that one, at the moment in my emacs session:

 MR Buffer           Size  Mode         File
. % MainFrm.cpp     83141  C++          c:/Adept/src/MainFrm.cpp
    mainfrm.cpp     30735  C++          c:/VIPER/gui/mainfrm.cpp
(not a <2> in sight!)

Confuses me no end when trying to swap buffers and using auto-completion!
Neither of these files have been near a Unix system but they have been
extracted from source safe

Robert Marshall