Re: [h-e-w] How do I make Emacs use the Cygwin BASH shell with the "Esc-

From: Robinows
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] How do I make Emacs use the Cygwin BASH shell with the "Esc-x she...
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:21:25 EDT

In a message dated 6/18/2002 3:31:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, address@hidden writes:
I have used Emacs on UNIX/LINUX machines before and the "shell" feature
works by default. How do I get the "shell" to work on windows with the
Cygwin BASH? I installed Cygwin tool set first and then installed NTEMACS.
Emacs seems to work just fine except when I do the Esc-x feature to get a
shell it doesn't go to DOS prompt or anything. I do see a "cmdproxy -i" for
that buffer when I try and close Emacs.

   See http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_toc.html
How do I run bash as a shell under NT Emacs?