Re: [h-e-w] c++ editing , variable name completion

From: Paul Whitfield
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] c++ editing , variable name completion
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:59:50 +0800

john ware wrote:
Is there a mode which will perform variable name and function name completion for C++.

By this I mean, if you type in the the beginning of a variable name and hit the proper key combination then a list of all possible symbols which are valid in the scope are displayed. I know that the JDEE mode will do this for java code, but alas, I am back working with C++.

I use the command:  dabbrev-expand, while it
is not exactly what you want, I find that it does the
job pretty well.

Command dabbrev-expand

Expand previous word "dynamically".

Expands to the most recent, preceding word for which this is a prefix.
If no suitable preceding word is found, words following point are
considered.  If still no suitable word is found, then look in the
buffers accepted by the function pointed out by variable

Hope that helps