Re: [h-e-w] subshell cd's not working

From: fhew
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] subshell cd's not working
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 14:18:04 -0400

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:
> I would guess that you changed your .bashrc to do 'cd $HOME', or
> something like that.

Egads, you're right!  I took out the cd and everything works.  The
"cd" the compilation subshell prints was fooling me.  I put the "cd"
into my .bashrc to get the interactive shell to come up in my home
directory instead of /usr/bin or whereever; changing the properties
for the bash shortcut worked just as well, and doesn't interfere with
emacs.

> I always keep .bashrc _empty_, so I never get surprises like this. You
> can set environment variables for the bash subshell from within
> Emacs, so you don't really need anything in .bash_profile, either.

Hmm, that sounds pretty draconian, but I'll consider it.

Thanks for the help!

/Fredrik