Re: [h-e-w] utf-16 on NT Emacs

From: Tom Capey
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] utf-16 on NT Emacs
Date: 04 Sep 2002 14:01:44 +0100

* TSchutzerWeissmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Tom Capey wrote:
> [...]
>> Dave Love has written a utf-16.el which is in the CVS of Emacs
>> (lisp/international/utf-16.el).  he also posted a version of it
>> to gnu.emacs.sources some time ago.

> I found it, but don't know how to install it... What should I do?

  put file on path and evaluate (permanently by putting in
  dot-emacs -- will be read on next startup; immediately by
  placing cursor at right paren and doing C-x C-e) the following
  expression:

(require 'utf-16)

  Prior to opening a utf-16 file, do a
  `universal-coding-system-argument' (bound to C-x RET c).
  choose the relevant le|be dos|unix|mac combinations.

/Tom
--
"...and with the big hand pointing upwards and my little hand pointing
towards my digital watch, I notice that it is time to go"     -- Humph