RE: [h-e-w] Problems with gnuserv in XP

From: Eli Daniel
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Problems with gnuserv in XP
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:08:47 -0400

I had exactly the same experience.  Gnuserv does indeed start when I
start emacs.  If emacs launches as a result of doing a gnuclient
command, then a message appears in the *server* buffer and the file
opens correctly.  Once emacs is open, however, running gnuclient causes
no message to appear in the server buffer and no file to open.

Running gnuserver outside of emacs, everything works just fine.

Guy, do you have any thoughts on how to debug this?

-Eli