Re: [h-e-w] Compiling Emacs on Windows a piece of cake!

From: Chris Lott
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Compiling Emacs on Windows a piece of cake!
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 12:34:48 -0800

Underwood, Jonathan <address@hidden> spake thusly:

> hm, i did exactly that which is described below, and see a pile of
> errors and warnings during compilation, and the final make aborts
> with an error, althoug emacs.exe is built and functional at the end.
>
> On a related note, is there an ntemacs developer mailing list - my
> intention was to contribute to the developement tree once i had got
> over the building problems.

Which version of gmake are you using? My experience was, the README/INSTALL
notwithstanding, that the make that comes with MingW didn't work. Nor did
Cygwin's of course. I reverted to 3.77 which I found as part of another
package on the web, did a make clean and started over and it worked fine...
there were a number of warnings which I am not able to figure out since I
have no experience with that kind of thing, but no errors.