[h-e-w] key-binding: C-s and ESC

From: Daniel Hegyi
Subject: [h-e-w] key-binding: C-s and ESC
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 16:04:32 +0000

I'd like to replace the standard C-s shortcut for isearch-forward-regexp with C-f (so that I can assign C-s to save-buffer). This worked fine with

(global-set-key "\C-f" 'isearch-forward-regexp)

However, I don't know how to assign the "find next" functionality that gets triggered when I press C-s again to the C-f key binding. Does anybody know how to do that?

Also, I'm trying to replace C-g with the ESC key. I tried the following, but it doesn't work:

(global-set-key [escape] 'keyboard-quit)