Re: [h-e-w] Box cursor when in "insert mode"

From: Joe Casadonte
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Box cursor when in "insert mode"
Date: 18 Nov 2002 15:13:10 -0500

On Fri, 08 Nov 2002, Daniel Hegyi wrote:

> I'd like to have the cursor become a box when I'm in "insert mode"
> (i.e., when I press the insert key once.) How can I do that?
> Currently it just turns yellow, I guess because I have
> (set-face-background 'region "yellow") set in my .emacs.

Sorry for the late reply.  Here's something I have which should work
with either Emacs 20 or 21 (I have no clue if it works under XEmacs).

Look for bar-cursor mode.

It honors the current blinking cursor mode setting, so it blinks or
doesn't depending on your setting of that mode, not whether you're in
insert mode or not.

Joe Casadonte

         Llama Fresh Farms =>
   Gay Media Resource List =>