Re: [h-e-w] using emacs with mutt mail reader via gnuclientw

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] using emacs with mutt mail reader via gnuclientw
Date: 21 Nov 2002 01:09:00 -0600

On Wednesday, November 20, "Charles Curley" <address@hidden> wrote:
>There may be a command line switch for gnuclient to
>cause it to block (hence blocking mutt) until you
>finish with the email in the emacs buffer.

Actually, I believe this is the default and that you
must use the -q switch to suppress the behaviour.

>When you are done, remember to release the buffer and
>gnuclientw with C-x #.

I do not think this is necessary anymore.  The
instance of gnuclient will be 'notified' by default
now on closing the buffer.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 05:32:34PM -0500, Peter Davis
had written:
>> 2) When the edit buffer is opened in emacs, I'd
>>    like to be in message mode or mail mode or
>>    something that understands email.  Is that
>>    possible, through gnuclientw?

No.  But it is possible with gnudoit.

Check here: http://www.math.auc.dk/~dethlef/Tips/gnuserv.txt
for some tips I wrote some time ago on exploiting
gnuserv.

Regards,
  David V.