RE: [h-e-w] using emacs with mutt mail reader via gnuclientw

From: Grissom, Ed
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] using emacs with mutt mail reader via gnuclientw
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:38:42 -0600

In a previous message, David said:
> On Wednesday, November 20, "Charles Curley" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >There may be a command line switch for gnuclient to
> >cause it to block (hence blocking mutt) until you
> >finish with the email in the emacs buffer.
> Actually, I believe this is the default and that you
> must use the -q switch to suppress the behavior.

David is correct, but other respondents mixed references to gnuclient and

Just to clarify any confusion that might exist:

 gnuclient.exe - automatically waits for you to finish with the buffer
 gnuclientw.exe - instantly returns after loading the buffer (async)

Using the -q switch for gnuclient makes it behave like gnuclientw (although
the original poster would NOT want this behavior)

At least this is the way it works on my machine.

ed grissom