Re: [h-e-w] using emacs with mutt mail reader via gnuclientw

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] using emacs with mutt mail reader via gnuclientw
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:22:41 -0500

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 09:38:42AM -0600, Grissom, Ed wrote:
> In a previous message, David said:
> > On Wednesday, November 20, "Charles Curley" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >There may be a command line switch for gnuclient to
> > >cause it to block (hence blocking mutt) until you
> > >finish with the email in the emacs buffer.
> >
> > Actually, I believe this is the default and that you
> > must use the -q switch to suppress the behavior.
> David is correct, but other respondents mixed references to gnuclient and
> gnuclientw.
> Just to clarify any confusion that might exist:
>  gnuclient.exe - automatically waits for you to finish with the buffer
> (snyc)
>  gnuclientw.exe - instantly returns after loading the buffer (async)
> Using the -q switch for gnuclient makes it behave like gnuclientw (although
> the original poster would NOT want this behavior)
> At least this is the way it works on my machine.

Thanks for *all* the responses thus far.  I was not able to find any
documentation for gnuserv/gnuclient(w), either on my system or on the
Web.  This last suggestion of using gnuclient (no 'w') seems to have
solve my synchrony problem.

I would still like to be able to automatically set message-mode or
mail-mode, enable flyspell, etc. when editing these messages.  Is
there some information on gnudoit somewhere?

                             Peter Davis
               Funny stuff at
                 The artwork formerly shown as prints
    List of resources for children's writers and illustrators at: