Re: [h-e-w] Paste Chinese GB2312 under Emacs 21.2 in JapaneseWindows2000

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Paste Chinese GB2312 under Emacs 21.2 in JapaneseWindows2000
Date: 25 Jun 2003 08:29:12 +0100

li jinhua <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Mr. Mike and Mr. Jason
>    I reset the "Local" and also set it as "default
> value", then reboot my PC. Now it works!
> Thank you all! (Last time, I forgot to set it as
> "default", so it doesn't work!)

Yes. It is annoying that you have to set it in two places.
I use CJK characters a lot at work, and often forget one of the steps

>    But now, if I want to paste Japanese, I must reset
> the local and reboot my PC again! It means I need 3
> minutes time! Do you think so? Because now I can't
> paste Japanese rightly as before.

>    Maybe the current version of NTEmacs must do with
> it like this way!  what about 21.4?!

Maybe 21.5, since it looks likely that 21.4 will be a bugfix for a few
serious bugs in 21.3.

The translation tables for converting CJK to Unicode are included in
CVS now, but they are not loaded by default (because they use a lot of
RAM), so we'll have to get around that problem somehow, but I think
it is possible.