[h-e-w] Re: moderation enabled

From: Bijan Soleymani
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: moderation enabled
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:13:11 -0500

David Vanderschel <address@hidden> writes:

> No one has dissented on restricting posting to
> subscribers, and I received a few private messages
> encouraging the change.

It would prevent people from posting messages to this group from gmane
without also subscribing to the list (which would kind of defeat the
purpose of gmane). Of course this wouldn't be a problem if it were
possible to subscribe to the list but not receive messages (some
mailing lists allow this, especially ones that can be accessed in a
different way, gmane or web archives, etc.). I think that having this
option would be nice for non-gmane users as well in certain
situations.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <address@hidden>