[h-e-w] heading a large file

From: Eric S. Johansson
Subject: [h-e-w] heading a large file
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 14:51:24 -0500

I need to edit large files occasionally (approximately 1.1 GB) and I would appreciate a pointer to any Emacs packages that might help. Splitting files to components of less than 7 MB each creates just too many pieces. I would prefer to keep things in one contiguous chunk if possible.

what I'm doing is repairing (&^*&%*$) mbx mailboxes. I'm converting the mail server to maildir as soon as humanly possible but it will be at least another month or two before I can and I need to edit large files now. (apologies for the grumpies)

thanks in advance.

Speech recognition in use.  Incorrect endings, words, and case is
closer than it appears