[h-e-w] Problems in buffer saving

From: Alvi Hirvelä
Subject: [h-e-w] Problems in buffer saving
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:20:03 +0200 (EET)

I'm using GNU Emacs 21.3 on Windows 2000 professional and I have a very strange
problem with emacs' buffer saving functionality. I use Emacs as an external
editor for my Visual C++ 6.0 ide and always after saving a buffer, Visual C++
fails to use the source browser on this file even after restarting the whole
ide. If I edit the file with any other editor (notepad, ultra edit or even
xemacs) this problem does not occur.

The problem cannot be with the CR/LF translation, since I have done a binary
diff between a working file and a non working file and they are identical. Very
strange thing is also that when I rename a non working file to something else
and rename it back to the original name, the Source browser recognizes the file
perfectly after this. Either, the problem cannot be long filenames, because I
have tried this with short ones also.

So what does Emacs do so differently when saving the buffer compared to any
other editor running on windows?

Regards,
Alvi

 MTV3 Laajakaista - Hauskemman elämän puolesta.
 http://www.mtv3.fi/liittyma/hankinta/laajakaista/