Re: [h-e-w] difficulty obtaining ntemacs

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] difficulty obtaining ntemacs
Date: 22 Jan 2004 23:46:14 -0600

On Thursday, January 22, "David Vanderschel" <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Thursday, January 22, "Eli Daniel" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>However, there are several GNU mirrors which were
>>apparently not compromised and still have the
>>software available.  The one I've been using is

>>ftp://aeneas.mit.edu/pub/gnu

>>Can the FAQ maintainer put something in about this?

>I think that what most of the folks on this list will
>want is a binary distribution of the win32 port of
>emacs 21.3, not a source distribution.  ...

There is a binary distribution for Windows at the MIT
FTP site.  address@hidden has pointed out to me that
the above FTP directory contains a "windows"
subdirectory.  I was first going into the "emacs"
subdirectory and then not finding the win32 binary.
(I actually did look for "windows", but I was already
in the "emacs" subdirectory.  :(  )

Regards,
  David V.