[h-e-w] Re: Windows Emacs using Window print routines

From: Peter Kaiser
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Windows Emacs using Window print routines
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:17:07 +0100

Benny, thanks for your thoughtful note.

Printing is extremely basic functionality: the user shouldn't have
to install additional software simply to print things.
From the POV of the user experience that is true, I'd say.  I can even
think of some technical advantages to GDI printing.  Now are you going
to do the actual work of programming it?

I deserve this question, don't I? Unfortunately I have to decline, because my programming skills are *way* out of date, and in any event I've never programmed Windows interfaces. But I still believe the idea has merit, so perhaps someone with current abilities will pick it up. I hope so.

Or are there ancient purists who think we should still be using
VT100 terminal emulation within command windows?
For some applications this actually is still the interface that is
used, and for very good reasons.

What have you in mind?  Just curious, not disputatious.

Pete