[h-e-w] RE: Q Making the font selection permanent

From: Neil Mackie
Subject: [h-e-w] RE: Q Making the font selection permanent
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:51:17 +0100

Francis gave the answer I was looking for.

>>Try selecting the menu item Options / Customize Emacs / Specific
>>Face... and then enter default as the face to customize.

I clicked on one of the 'value menus', selected the same value, and clicked
'save for future session'. My .emacs was created.

I did try the (setq default-font ...) method but for unknown reasons it did not
work.

Thanks to all who responded.

Neil J Mackie

Ofcom is the regulator for the UK communications industry, with
responsibilities across television, radio, telecommunications and wireless
communications services. Ofcom exists to further the interests of
citizen-consumers as the communications industries enter the digital age.

Ofcom has taken over the responsibilities and assumed the powers of the five
former regulators it has replaced - the Broadcasting Standards Commission, the
Independent Television Commission, Oftel, the Radio Authority and the
Radiocommunications Agency.

If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the
message. This footer also confirms that this email message has been scanned for
the presence of computer viruses.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of
Ofcom.