Re: [h-e-w] Installing ispell in Emacs

From: Christopher G D Tipper
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Installing ispell in Emacs
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:26:22 +0100

Search the net for and download.

Install it somewhere like c:\ispell and add the following to autoexec.bat (or
whatever you do in WinXP :)

rem -----------------------------------------------------------------------
rem -----------------------------------------------------------------------

On 20 Jun 2004 at 20:37, HFOverbeck wrote:

> Hello,
> Just installed emacs-21.3 on Windows 98SE and see that I need ispell
> for spell checking. I've scoured the web for simple instructions on
> where to find and how to install ispell in emacs but can't find
> anything that I can understand. I looked at the FAQ but the section on
> ispell is dated and the links are dead.
> Can anyone *please* provide me with---or point me to---step by step
> instructions for obtaining ispell and installing it in emacs? I don't
> come from a Unix environment so many of the instructions I've seen are
> over my head.
> I apologize for asking a question that certainly has been covered in
> the past. However, I just joined the list and searching the archives
> didn't help.
> Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> Many thanks in advance,
> HFOverbeck                          mailto:address@hidden

  "Since light travels faster than sound, isn't that why
   some people appear bright until you hear them speak"
                                          - Steve Wright