Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance

From: Guy Gascoigne-Piggford
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:52:36 -0700

Jason Rumney wrote:

Matthew X. Economou wrote:

(1) gnuclientw exits immediately after sending the file to Emacs, i.e. "-q" is always set.

Many people consider this a feature, but I agree with you. Since there is no Window associated with gnuclientw, users will not notice that it hangs around until the buffer is killed, so I don't know what the rationale behind the current behaviour is

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure that I can come up with a good explanation either :( I do know that it seemed like a really good idea at the time, but that's not really a whole lot of help. As you say, there's no window so why should anyone care about a tiny process hanging around.