Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:02:34 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Vanderschel" <address@hidden>

: target.  As far as I can tell, anything after the path
: to the executable in the target specification is
: ignored when you drag and drop (but not if you double
: click the shortcut).  Indeed, this may be the reason
: for the existence of gnuclientw as opposed to
: gnuclient -q.  (I suspect (but can no longer remember
: for sure) that this problem is one of the reasons I
: was advocating using Winkey rather than Windows
: shortcuts; but, for drag-and-drop, it had to be a
: Windows shortcut.)

Excellent David, I think we all except you missed this point now!

Now we need three different versions of gnuclient to take care of the
problems!;-}

Or, which should be more simple: A new qualifier to make gnuclientw wait
could be introduced, since the only case where the qualifiers are not read
is probably the drop-target case (and there we really do not want that tiny
process hanging around if we can avoid it - and we can).

- Lennart