Re: AW: [h-e-w] Entering special characters into b uffer, e.g. €

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: AW: [h-e-w] Entering special characters into b uffer, e.g. €
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:16:09 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Rumney" <address@hidden>

> Alternatively, if you are willing to use non-released software, you
> could use the CVS version of Emacs, which includes everything and works
> out of the box. There are a couple of slightly out of date Windows
> binaries around, probably the most up to date will be Lennart's
> installer, if he's released it publically.

The installer is available but I think I have to clarify some things so that
those that download it do not get disappointed. The installer (which I
actually call "Emacs Setup Utiliities for MS Windows") should be distributed
in three principal versions:

1) Zip file with sources
2) "Emacs Setup Helper". Use this if you have the binaries, unpacked or as a
tar.gz file.
3) "Emacs Installer". Should include binaries.

Currently only 1 and 2 are available for download (due to my low bandwidth).
Go to

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/WThirtyTwoInstallationKit

To find out more.

The maintainer of nqmacs has been interested in distributing version 3, but
so far I do not think he has. However there are w32 binaries at the nqmacs
site. Go to

  http://nqmacs.sourceforge.net/

to find them. You can use 2 above together with them (but you have to unpack
them separately at the moment).