[h-e-w] Re: Emacs-21.3, Macaulay2-0.9.2 packaged in Microsoft Installer

From: Brian Elmegaard
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Emacs-21.3, Macaulay2-0.9.2 packaged in Microsoft Installer (.msi) format
Date: 06 Apr 2005 17:20:52 +0200

Rex Dieter <address@hidden> writes:

> > I would be glad if we somehow could mix our efforts.
>
> Once I know these details, I can make a new .msi which includes
> EmacsSetupHelper (and it's customizations).

I absolutely appreciate your efforts. Mine
(http://www.et.dtu.dk/Software/DNA/emacs21.3-setup.exe) are probably a
lot less useful and I have several complaints about the installation
of an external package (http://www.et.dtu.dk/Software/DNA/index.html)
to use together with emacs. This is mainly because I haven't been able
to figure out how I can make two installers; one for emacs, one for
DNA, and make shortcuts and interaction work correctly.

But is it really the best way to make an installer that includes both
programs, like yours?

If I can contribute anyhow I will try to.

> Lastly, I wonder, has there been any effort to push your
> customizations (w32-feeling, Gnuserv / gnuclient namely) upstream?
> They would be nice additions.

I agree.

--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)