Re: [h-e-w] Accented Chars

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Accented Chars
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:47:13 +0100

Hi Filipe,

"Filipe Martins" writes:
> I installed NT Emacs 21.3 yesterday and it's all Ok except that the
> accented chars don't work! I'm using a portuguese keyboard - when I
> press "´" and then a vowel like "a", emacs prints "´a" when all
> other Window Apps print "á".

This works fine here with a pre-built NTEmacs 21.3 on W2K.

Does this also behave the same way when you start Emacs from the
command-line (CMD.EXE) with the -q option like this (substitute the
drive and path where you installed Emacs):

  c:\> d:
  d:\> cd emacs-21.3\bin
  d:\emacs-21.3\bin> emacs.exe -q

Also, what is the result of M-x emacs-version RET ?

benny