RE: [h-e-w] [Emacs32] Install Wizard

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] [Emacs32] Install Wizard
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 11:04:02 -0800

    Thanks, but please tell me why it would be good to set this
    path for the gnuclientw.exe shortcut?

I think Sabine is asking for a default value to be filled in, so Emacs
starts in that directory. I use that in my shortcuts too.

However, different users will want different values here. I use my
Emacs-Lisp directory. I also provide the same directory as an argument to
the executable, so that I start up in Dired there.

IOW, I use this:
 Target: C:\<my-path>\bin\gnuclient.exe "C:\<my-lisp-dir>"
 Start in: C:\<my-lisp-dir>

As I say, it's not clear what a good default value for Target would be.
Perhaps just C:\? Perhaps $HOME? It's unlikely that the directory of the
Emacs (or gnuclient) executable would be a good choice, however.