Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 filename completion using space bar

From: Robert Praetorius
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 filename completion using space bar
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 20:43:06 -0500

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 12:41:15PM -0000, Francis Wright wrote:

> According to the Emacs 22 News it is a policy decision that space no
> longer causes completion but instead appends a space to the
> filename, thereby making it much easier to enter filenames
> containing spaces.  I think this change is a good idea.  Tab still
> completes, so you just have to relearn to hit tab instead of space.

     I remember taking awhile to get over the escape => tab transition
for completion (has anybody else on this list been using Emacs for
that long?).  I never even noticed the space thing.  I won't miss it
at all:-)  Sounds a bit rough for those who had established pathways
for it in their cerebellum (cerebella?), though.