Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 filename completion using space bar

From: Robinows
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 filename completion using space bar
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 07:55:51 EST

In a message dated 12/10/2006 7:54:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, address@hidden writes:
> Why is that a problem?
> Can you show an example?

Not sure what you mean. Space is no different from other characters in a
file name. So having completion on for example 'a' would work equally
good/bad. (Except that space is easier to type of course.)
I don't "mean" anything. I'm asking why using space for completion is a problem. Although I avoid using  space characters in file names myself since there is no possible advantage, I certainly encounter them (usually on Windows). But I've never felt there was a problem using the space character for completion.
  What difficulty have you encountered?