Re: [h-e-w] Why special treatment of .obj files?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Why special treatment of .obj files?
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:04:07 +0100

Bill Baxter wrote:
My old version of FSF Gnu Emacs didn't have this problem, so I'm not
sure if it's a problem introduced by emacs 22, or specifically

The special completion treatment of binary files, including .obj has been a feature of Emacs for longer than there has been a Windows port available. I recall it being in 19.17. The distinction between binary and text files came in 20.1, so that special treatment will have been introduced then.