Re: [h-e-w] unicode path displays wrong in minibuffer

From: Johan Rex
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] unicode path displays wrong in minibuffer
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 08:57:17 +0200

I got the output using dired and placing the cursor on the ä in the filename that has problems and did "C-u C-x =". So emacs/dired has no problem with the file and the filename itself is no problem.

As for the "save as" case,
I open the file in the "faulty" manner so when I change it and save it the ä gets displayed incorrect.
I use C-x C-w and save it as bäst2.txt.
The bäst2.txt gets displayed correctly in the minibuffer. So the "save as" case works as it should.