Re: [h-e-w] Re: NTEmacs 22.1 on Win 98SE

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: NTEmacs 22.1 on Win 98SE
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 23:46:15 +0100

Juergen Fenn wrote:
>>>  I select some text.
>>> 2. This piece of text is marked in yellow as selected.
>>> 3. I place the cursor above the selected text and press the left mouse
>>>    button.
>>> 4. I try to drag this text to a different part of the buffer.
>>> 5. More text I hover over when dragging is selected in yellow. There
>>>    is no dragging. There is not dropping either when I release the
>>>    left mouse button.
>>>
> Well, that's what we mean by 'drag and drop', don't we?

No. The drag and drop that Emacs supports is dropping files/folders from
other programs such as Explorer on the Emacs frame (and on X, snippets
of text, but the way Windows supports that is overly complex so noone
has implemented it yet). I have seen a lisp package that supports drag
and drop within Emacs such as you describe. I think it was called
drag-and-drop.el