Re: [h-e-w] [crosspost] Sending mail with an Exchange server

From: Denis Bueno
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] [crosspost] Sending mail with an Exchange server
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:31:10 -0600

On 06/25/2007 09:11, "Denis Bueno" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have some customisations of smtpmail that allow me to send mail using
> Gmail's SMTP. I'd like to have similar settings that allow me to send mail
> using an Exchange server.
>
> Does anyone have such a setup working for them? How does one do it?

Well, SMTP worked.  Specifically, requiring 'smtpmail,

    (setq user-mail-address "<my email address>"
          send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
          message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
          smtpmail-starttls-credentials
          '(("<exchange server>" "25" nil nil))
          smtpmail-auth-credentials
          (expand-file-name "~/.authinfo")
          smtpmail-smtp-server "<exchange server>"
          smtpmail-smtp-service 25
          smtpmail-debug-info t
          smtpmail-debug-verb nil)

where "~/.authinfo" looks like:

    machine <exchange server> port 25 login <my username>

Also, of course, I had to make sure starttls was installed.

-Denis