Re: [h-e-w] Windows port Emacs with GDB from Cygwin

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Windows port Emacs with GDB from Cygwin
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:33:52 +0200

> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:42:39 -0500
> From: "Guangran Zhu" <address@hidden>
>
> I suspect the problem comes from the fact that I am using Cygwin and
> windows port of Emacs, but I do not know the exact cause.

I would suspect that as well: Emacs uses pipes to talk to GDB, and the
Cygwin implementation of pipes is subtly incompatible with native
Windows pipes used by Emacs on Windows.  To make sure this is the
problem, I suggest to download the MinGW port of GDB (available from
the MinGW site), and see if the problem goes away when you use that
port.

FWIW, the GDB interface in Emacs 22.1 works well for me with the MinGW
port of GDB.