[h-e-w] EmacsW32: nxhtml and psgml

From: Andreas Beppler
Subject: [h-e-w] EmacsW32: nxhtml and psgml
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:37:33 +0100

I've installed the current version of Emacsw32
(Emacs-23-CvsP090112-EmacsW32-1.58.exe) on WinXP.

Beacuse the customization menu was broken I've added the following lines
in my .emacs (as discussed earlier):

(require 'ourcomments-util)
(require 'appmenu)
(require 'tabkey2)
(require 'sex-mode)

But there's still a little problem with nxhtml-mode at the end of the
customization menu. The following message appears:

Search failed: "(define-derived-mode nxhtml-mode"

After activating nxhtml-mode in .emacs directly everything with the
configuration menu is ok and the "require"-lines in .emacs are not longer needed.

To edit my sgml files I've also installed the psgml package (version
1.3.2). My problem is that with activated nxhtml-mode instead of the
psgml package the standard sgml-mode is used for editing a sgml file.

If I disable nxhtml-mode in my .emacs psgml is used as expected.

So my question is, if there is a possibilty to have nxhtml-mode
activated and still use psgml as major mode for editing sgml files?

Thanks in advance, Andreas