[h-e-w] GUD on Vista does not display "arrow" on source lines

From: Justin Bailey
Subject: [h-e-w] GUD on Vista does not display "arrow" on source lines
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 21:10:40 -0700

When I use GUD with GDB on my Vista machine, the "source line" arrow
does not display in my source buffer. I have made sure I am compiling
with debug info, etc. Is there some option I am missing?

Note that I don't have any trouble debugging, using gdb, etc. Its just
the source-line arrow that is missing. I even reset all my color
customizations to make sure it wasn't just invisible - no luck.

Relevant version info:

  GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.0.6001)
 of 2008-09-06 on SOFT-MJASON

  Windows Vista SP1

  GNU gdb 6.8.0.20080328-cvs (cygwin-special)
  gcc (GCC) 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3)

Thanks in advance!

Justin