Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 cmd-shell starts fail

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 cmd-shell starts fail
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 07:58:50 +0200

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 3:19 AM, Nguyen Anh Phu<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just installed Emacs-23-CvsP090630-EmacsW32-1.58 and everything
> seems to work well except one thing that I cannot start cmd-shell,
> error message say: Wrong type argument: char-or-string-p, nil

Hi Nguyen,

How do you try to start the cmd shell? Do you mean that you do "M-x cmd-shell"?

In that case please note that cmd-shell is not a command defined in
Emacs. It is defined in w32shell.el that comes with EmacsW32.

However it should work. It works for me. Can you turn on
debug-on-error and see if you can get a back trace with more
information?

Could you also try just "M-x shell"?