[h-e-w] Powershell with non-ascii characters in emacs

From: Martin Stemplinger
Subject: [h-e-w] Powershell with non-ascii characters in emacs
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 22:22:23 +0100

I use Dino Chiesa's powershell-mode (see
to run powershell as a shell within Emacs on Vista and it's another
good reason not to leave Emacs.

But (being German) I need to use non-ascii characters like äöü in
strings in my powershell work. These somehow get scrambled and end up
not correctly in the powershell code. I played around with some
settings of the coding systems but have not been successful. Any

Thanks in advance!