[h-e-w] SSH inside Emacs?

From: egarrulo
Subject: [h-e-w] SSH inside Emacs?
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:00:03 +0000

Hello,

it seems I can't get an interactive SSH client session inside Emacs to
save my life... Does anyone has managed to get it and cares to share?

Here are my attempts...

Cygwin's SSH, started with `M-x shell RET' fails with:

"Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal."

I'm able to start Cygwin's `bash', so it shouldn't depend on Cygwin's
configuration. However, starting `ssh' inside a bash session fails
with the same error.

`M-x term RET' hangs. I've checked the code and it seems this function
does not target windows (there are hardcoded *nix paths).

`plink' (Putty's SSH client) starts, however I get escape sequences
into output (although I call `ansi-color-for-comint-mode-on').

I'm able to start Cygwin's SSH inside a Windows console, however
Emacs' `cmdproxy.exe' fails with:

"Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal."

Thank you.
Elena